The commonly heard phrase, “You are what you eat,” though a lot of the times is an expression, can be taken quite literally when it comes to your skin. Eating certain foods can not only make your skin look and feel better, but prevent it from looking dull! Here at Beauty Coach, we’ve put together a list of five foods that will help your skin shine!
1. Walnuts: If your skin has been feeling rough and gritty lately, it’s probably due to the harsh weather. Soften your skin by eating walnut. Walnuts contain some essential fatty acids that helps replenishes the skin and reverts it back to that natural, baby smooth finish!
2. Pomegranates: Although quite messy, pomegranates can protect your skin by reducing wrinkles and encouraging blood flow! To take it a step further we recommend trying Grassroots Research Labs Pomegranate Super Anti-Oxidant Cream.
3. Yogurt: Speaking of wrinkles, pomegranates aren’t the only thing you can eat to prevent the harsh lines. Yogurt, much like many other dairy products, helps to create firmer skin.
4. Soy: Even out your skin tone by consuming some soy products. Whether or not it’s soymilk or edamame, soy contains nutrients that helps to reduce pigmentation. Therefore, giving your skin an all around even color.
5. Green Tea: Finally, we have green tea. Not only does green tea boost your metabolism, it also calms redness and inflammation. Our skin usually turns red due to excess blood flow, and the antioxidants in green tea work to counteract that. We recommend trying Bigelow Organic Green Tea, or any matcha green tea for best results!
Beauty Coach Team