When it comes to hair, there are so many products out there that we know it can get a little confusing! From styling products to cleansing products, and powders to sprays- it can all get real overwhelming, REAL fast! So here at Beauty Coach, we’ve broken down the essentials for you.
1. Shampoo/ Conditioner: Now, this is the basic cleansing product that everyone knows and loves! But what people usually don’t know (or get right) is that not all shampoos and conditioners are the same! Make sure that you tailor your shampoo specifically for your hair type and needs! There’s organic shampoos, color shampoos, volumizing shampoos, and so much more. So pick what fits your hair type, but also what gives you the results that you want and love!
2. Hair masks: There’s a huge variety of hair masks out there: all tailored to your hair’s specific needs! Hair masks serve as treatments for your hair and helps to replenish it to it’s natural wonder! We suggest trying out Drybar’s Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask or Christophe Robin’s Cleansing Purifying Scrub to provide long term results.
There are so many spray products out there that we know it can get a bit hectic when shopping for your specific needs. So let’s take it step by step:
1. Hairspray: A lot of the time, people think that using a stronghold hairspray is best for going out on a day to day basis. Though here at Beauty Coach, we recommend opting for a flexible hold hair spray for everyday use- that way, it keeps the shape through out the day, but still allows room for movement! Try using products such as Garnier Fructis’ Style Flexible Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray or TRESemme TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray for that effortless hold!
2. Dry Shampoo: The holy grail of styling products, dry shampoo is just about everyone’s best friend. It works wonders by absorbing product buildup and oils, and lasts all day no matter how greasy your hair is! Here at Beauty Coach, we highly recommend Oribe’s Gold Lust Dry Shampoo. Another dry shampoo that’s worth the purchase is Batiste’s Dry Shampoo which, much like Oribe’s Gold Lust, not only takes away the excess oil from second (or third or fourth) day hair, but adds volume and texture as well!
3. Texturizing/Volumizing Spray: So speaking of texture, Oribe has an amazing product called Dry Texturizing Spray, which adds lots of texture and body to limp hair. Combine this product with Christophe Robin’s Instant Volumizing Mist, and you’ll have volume that will last till next week! Now that’s amazing. Texturizing products also come in powders as well, which works just as good- so if you’re looking to try it out, give Got2B’s Powder’ful Volumizing Styling Powder a shot!
Beauty Coach Team