When it comes to human connection, it’s essential that we open our hearts and be there for one another in times of need. Recently at Nine Zero One, the BeYOUtiful Foundation had their first charity event where stylists provided free cuts to cancer survivors and supporters donated the $150 from their hair cuts to the foundation. Inspired by the kindness of this foundation, we wanted to put together a list of ways you can help give back as well!
1. Donate your old (or new) items A lot of times, we hoard up clothes, toys, furniture, etc. From old clothing that no longer fit but swear will stretch, to new toys we bought but got bored of, and even furniture that we swore would look good in the living room and found out we had no room for: all of these things can go to good use! Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and National Furniture Bank are just a few organizations you can donate to in order to support those who are in need.
2. Donate your blood Donating blood is free, and the best part? Um, your body can make more! Blood donations to organizations such as Red Cross and Life Stream (and more!) are amazing ways to help save a life. Blood donations are in high demand so get over your fear of needles for a great cause. With any luck, you might just get a free snack as well, so why not?
3. Donate your time Volunteer at your local drive or organize your own. Support those in need by banding together as a community and donating not only your time, but your friendship as well to someone who needs it. Go volunteer at an elderly home, or simply go talk to someone who needs it. You’d be surprised how much your time means to someone.
4. Donate your money Donating your money doesn’t specifically mean your cash, although that would be ideal. Another way to give money to charity and get something in return is by donating your money in the form of a gift. Charities such as Make a Wish, allow you to shop for products online that you can give away as gifts. It’s a win win for everyone.
5. Shop at your local retailer Did you know a lot of local retailers give back to charitable organizations? Stores like Whole Foods, Costco, Office Depot and so many more give back to charity. Next time you shop at your local retailer, ask and see if there are opportunities to donate to organizations and give back!
Hope these tips inspire you to give back. Let’s all find a way to be kind to one another, and be beautiful to ourselves.